EB-Visa Program, The New Favourite of U.S. Green Card Dreamers
- February 22, 2018
- Posted by: ldcsercadmin
- Category: News
EB-5 Visa Program is an Investment based Immigration Program by US Government for getting Permanent Residency in the US for the entire family. The EB-5 Visa program was created by Congress in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors. It is administered by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). During the last 10 years, more than 9 Billion dollars are invested in the U.S.A. through EB-5 Program.
Under a program enacted as a ‘pilot’ in 1992, and regularly reauthorized since then, investors may qualify for a Green Card through EB-5 by investing $5,00,000 for 5 years in a new commercial enterprise that will create full-time jobs for at least 10 U.S. citizens. The entire family along with the investor, their spouse and unmarried children below the age of 21 gets a Green Card which will enable them to live and settle in USA.
The EB-5 Application Process:
- Choose a regional center (RC) or direct investment EB-5 RC is designated by USCIS to develop capital investment projects in a specific geographic area and in specific industries.
- Document lawful source of funds, and invest the required amount and prepare and file 1-526 petition with the help of an immigration attorney.
- On receipt of 1-526 approved petition, investor and his family will have to visit U.S. Consulate for Visa stamping
- Fly to the U.S.A. & collect the Conditional Green Card and start living there.
- File 1-829 petition after 21 months of stay in USA to remove the condition and get Permanent Green
- Get back the investment amount after 5 years from the time of investment.
Advantages of a Green Card through the EB-5 Program:
- EB-5 visa program offers a Green Card in the shortest span. Within 18 months a Conditional Green Card is issued and the applicants can start living anywhere in the U.S. and are not restricted by the invested project location.
- The investor is not dependent on any sponsors like relatives, employers or quota numbers.
- The investor and his spouse can work or do any business of their choice in any place of their choice.
- On receiving a Conditional Green Card itself, a student will be eligible for the desired University’s In-State Tuition fee. This saving could be about $ 100,000 or more per year. If the child is even younger, then he/she is eligible for free education till Grade XII in Public schools.
- In fact, for later stages, they can also avail a Federal Student loan at low-interest rates. They will be allowed to work while studying without any restrictions on hour limit.
- There is no educational qualification or English language skills needed. An investor in any profession can apply in this program.
- The only two basic criteria are the source of funds and a clean character. The source of funds could be self-earned, inherited, through the sale of properties, loan or gift.
- The Green Card holders are eligible to apply for a S. Citizenship after a period of 5 years.
How to safeguard your investment?
All Regional Centers propagate that investment made with them is safe and they would return the investment with profit. They’ll have attractive websites and tempting brochures. However, only few will have good intentions. Sometimes the projects fail also due to inexperience. Thus it is very necessary to conduct due diligence and then invest.
LD Capital Bridge to USA (LDCBTUSA)
- LDCBTUSA is one of the most talked about organisations for EB-5 lately, due to their unique structure. The greatest strength of the LDCBTUSA model is that it functions on a loan model. As for the investors, it gives all of them the first charge on their investment which is indeed the greatest security any RC can offer to its investors. This guarantees the return of an investors’ investment amount. LD Realty puts its 60+ years of banking experience and the lending industry and applies it to its EB-5 Program. What sets them apart further are their project selection policies, plans for servicing, and experience proved Exit strategies. They conduct their own underwriting and site inspections which ensure that the project will not fail at the most crucial time.
- They have their offices currently in five Indian cities, namely Mumbai, Delhi, Surat, Ahmedabad and Vadodara. Moreover, they have a team of Immigration Attorneys in India and in the U.S. who takes care of the investors EB5 application, documentation, till the applicant’s Green Card is in hand.
- Its parent company, LD Reality Capital, LLC is a direct lending company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Since 1996, it has processed over $4 Billion in financing in real estate industry and has survived three major recessions with zero loan loss in company history. The founders have in-depth knowledge of U.S. Bankruptcy and Foreclosure laws, which is being used in their proposed EB-5 Project structure.
- All their projects are Bankruptcy remote — which means they have first charge on the property along with the investors.In the last one year, India has seen a rise in the number of EB-5 applications thus proving that it is gaining more and more popularity with each passing day. EB 5 Visa is now becoming the first choice for families who wants Permanent Residency in the United States of America.